Sunday, January 16, 2011

Are you listening?

Writing a blog is so easy. I feel like I'm speaking to the air. Paper and air... Inanimate objects are almost the only things that "listen" to me and expect nothing in return. I'm tired of talking to people. 99% of the time, they mean well, but they get so bogged down with their own problems that they can't help me. Or, they don't have the attention span to let me finish the story I'm telling! You may be thinking, "Well, Mazie! That's kinda self-centered, isn't it?" Well, maybe it is. But sometimes I get so tired of people coming to me and asking me for help, wearing me down with their own problems, I'll sit and talk with them for hours and give my best advice, but they aren't willing to wholeheartedly listen to me for more than 3 minutes or 2 texts without changing the subject! Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people. I thought that I used to have friends who JUST listened to me. My friends' problems are bigger than mine; I have friends dealing with divorces, depression, and all sorts of other things, but everybody needs someone to just listen. I've been dealing with this recently. I've had some things happen that have created sad feelings in me and caused me to cry. I only know of a few people who will listen to me go on and on and give me good advice. Unfortunately, those people are VERY busy and almost never have enough time for me. So I have relied more heavily than ever on writing.... Writing and God. It sounds cheesy, I know, but hear me out. God always listens. Always. When I talk to Him about things, I don't get verbal answers immediately. I DO sometimes suddenly "coincidentally" know what to do, but I don't get verbal answers. I don't get advice. But I DO feel comforted. I DO feel better about it than if I had told anyone else. I guess it's true that God is near to the broken-hearted. We need only to call on him.

1 comment:

  1. Talk to me! I would love to listen to your problems, troubles, and sadness. :)

    ReplyDelete